Review: Never Say No to a Caffareli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1) by Melanie Milburne


Never Say No to a Caffareli by Melanie Milburne




Synopsis: 

"I play by the rules, but they're my rules."

Poppy Silverton is as untouched as the leafy English village where she runs a tearoom. But her home, her livelihood and her innocence are under threat...

Rafe Caffarelli is a mouthwatering specimen of Mediterranean manhood. He's a playboy billionaire and determined to buy Poppy's historic dower house.

Poppy will not give up the only thing that remains of her childhood and family. She'll fight Rafe--and her attraction to him--all the way. And be the first woman to say "no" to a Caffarelli!








Rating: 




Review: 
This was a great read. I hadn't expected the heroine to be so outspoken, determined, and just awesome. She may be old fashion but I loved the fact that she knew what she wanted and held onto her values. Deeply hurt  by her last boyfriend she became wary of men. When our hero, Rafe came along it was understandable that she acted the way she did. Rafe was known as a playboy and never had a relationship that lasted more than two weeks.  
Their interactions were fun to read about. It made me laugh out loud a couple of times. The author did a great job describing their feelings. I could feel what they were feeling when I read a sad, happy, ect…scenes. It didn't take me long to get into the story. It started out pretty interesting so it caught my attention right away. 
I really enjoyed Rafe and Poppy's story. Both were determined to get what they wanted. It was refreshing to have a heroine who defies and didn't give in easily to the hero. Poppy was pretty tough with Rafe. She didn't act and did things like he anticipated. She made him rethink about his life and what he really wanted in his life. 
I loved heroine like Poppy. She made him work for what he wanted from her. Whether it was the contract for the house or her very own heart. I loved the story and pretty much everything but halfway through the story I knew what Rafe would do with the manor eventually. It was easy to figure out the ending but still it was an enjoyable read. I recommend this book if you don't want anything too heavy and looking for a light read. I look forward to reading the next book about the second brother and the third book about the youngest brother. 







No comments

Thank you for stopping by! :)