Review for Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles




Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (Perfect Chemistry #1)

Rating: 

*Spoiler Alert

Review

Alex Fuentes was from a poor neighborhood and was in a gang. He was a bad boy and he knew it. He was in the gang not because he really wanted to but because he had to in order to protect his family. His father died, leaving him as the head of the family. He did everything he could to help his mother put food on the table and raised his two little brothers. Since he was in a gang, he knew his future wasn't going to be like he wanted. He actually wanted to go to college after high school but he wouldn't be able to because he had a family to support. When he met Brittany Ellis, they hated each other and wanted nothing to do with each other but because of her, his life changed.

Brittany Ellis was from a rich family and had a perfect life. That was what she wanted everyone to think. Her parents were rich, she drove a nice car, and had a loving boyfriend. She couldn't ask for anything more. But under the facade, her life wasn't as perfect as she made it out to be. She hated the mere sight of Alex and hated him even more when she was paired up with him to be his partner in chemistry. 

But everything changed when they got to know each other a little bit and understand each other more. Alex found out that Brittany's life wasn't perfect and she had problems like everyone else. Brittany learned about Alex's life and struggles and they grew closer but with Alex in a gang, they couldn't be together so Alex had to make a decision. Stay in the gang or leave the gang.

I LOVED this book. I reread it two or three times already but I still couldn't get enough of Alex and Brittany's story. This book blew me away every time I read it. I was instantly drawn into the story with only just a few pages. It was that good. It kept me reading until I had to finish it because I wanted to know what happen. It was worth my time and I will still gladly reread it. The story and the characters seemed so real to me. They were from different world yet they understood each other. I loved reading it from both perspectives because then I would know how both of them feel about a situation. When I read from their perspective, I was immerse into their world and it had me turning page after page. I love the relationship Brittany had with her sister, Shelley and Alex's friends also were great to read about. Paco and Isa were great friends for Alex and I was glad Alex had them. There were happy moments and sad moments in the book. It was good to see them finding each other again after so many years since they went separate ways and building a family of their own. I was sad when I turned the last page. But I was so happy they had their happy ending. Alex and Brittany were perfect for each other and I had no doubt that they loved each other very much. I would like to give more than five stars if I could to this book.

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! :)