Guest Post: Find Me In Manhattan by Shealy James



Find Me in Manhattan is a stand-alone spin-off novel from the Finding Series.
Sarah Grant is finally living her dream in the Big Apple. While working to achieve her life’s ambitions, she becomes ensnared by the charming and charismatic Jameson Carmichael. Just when Jameson threatens Sarah’s safety, a dream-worthy hero falls in her lap making her question everything she had ever believed about herself.
Sergeant Michael Pearson is merely existing in this nightmare he calls life. He is attempting to have a normal existence, while struggling to discover who he is after the army. When an opportunity save someone arises, he doesn’t hesitate, but Michael doesn’t realize that he is rescuing the one woman in a city of millions that can make him want to truly live again.
Sarah and Michael discover a connection that runs deep, but can they find love in a city known for heartbreak?

~~~~~
Shealy James is a Georgia native who teaches middle school by day and disappears into the world of fiction at night.  She is an avid reader and writer who hopes to one day write full time and leave the world of middle school angst behind. A sucker for love and happy endings, Shealy likes to combine humor and drama to create stories that are both emotional as well as entertaining. 


GUEST POST
10 favorite books 
**These are not in any particular order 
1. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell – Who doesn’t love a good southern story about stubborn women and irreprehensible men? I’m from Georgia, and this book is practically as common as sweet tea and buttered biscuits. Rhett Butler doesn’t hurt either. I have always been a Rhett kind of girl. He may have been the first alpha male that I fell for.  
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Like most people, I was forced to read this in high school. I didn’t enjoy it then, but years later when I read it a second time, I had developed an appreciation for what my English teacher was trying to show me. There is a beauty in this story that comes with a tragic love story. We can only hope to feel a love so powerful that it could destroy everything else, or maybe not. Either way, F. Scott Fitzgerald made me feel something profound with this novel. 
3. Beautiful Disaster by Jaime McGuire – Few books enthrall me like this one did. I loved Travis Maddox with a weird he’s-not-real-but-he-seems-so-real kind of passion. The story wasn’t particularly shocking. The minor characters were just as good as most, but it was the leading man that has everyone oohing and ahhing over this book. There is something captivating about him that has me reading this book over and over again. 
4. Fake Boobs by Ryan Ringbloom – I always love when an author tackles a sensitive issue like I attempted to do in Find Me in Manhattan, and Ryan Ringbloom did just that in Fake Boobs. This is a story about a girl with zero self-confidence. She does everything to change her including investing in some fake tatas. I can’t tell you what happens, but I will say that it left me wiping my eyes and swelling with pride. This is a great read for all women who have ever felt less than perfect. 
5. This Man by Jodie Ellen Malpas – I read Fifty. I read the Crossfire Series, and I read others just like them, but nothing compares to the Lord of the Manor. This book was shocking, exciting, intriguing, and dare I say, hot, hot, hot. I loved Jesse Ward and struggled finishing the series because I knew one day their story would end. I wanted to live in his world, but I am certain there is no real man quite like him. 
6. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne - I know this seems like an odd choice, but he is really the reason I read romance. I read a ton of R.L. Stine and Babysitter’s Club novels when I was younger but refused to read anything my teachers assigned until The Scarlet Letter. I was so hooked by the dark romanticism of the love triangle that my love for all things romantic.  
7. Play by Kylie Scott – The whole series is amazing, but I can honestly say I have never read a character quite like Mal. He is consistent throughout all of the books, and the creativity behind the development and continuation of this character is something I am incapable of. For that Kylie Scott deserves serious respect, and this book is a favorite solely because of Mal. 
8. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher – This book was dark, and what you want to happen just doesn’t, not in Tarryn’s books anyway. She writes from the other side, a side that I don’t understand, but I love and respect it all the same. Everyone is a villain in her world, and no one is inherently good. Her world is fascinating and a place I will be visiting every time she will let me. 
9. Cherry Girl by Raine Miller – Start with Naked, and make your way to Cherry Girl. I promise it’s worth it. This book was sweet, well written, and offered a spin off story that kept me coming back for more. 
10. Take me with You by Melyssa Winchester – All of her books hit on sensitive issues, but this particular story was a story of redemption as well as a way of teaching people how to love those who seem different. All of Melyssa’s characters are unique and have touching stories that have you wanting more.


No comments

Thank you for stopping by! :)