Review+Excerpt: Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis


Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis


*****


Synopsis via Goodreads: 

Seventeen-year-old Lacey Kind doesn’t have the guts to talk to cute boys, isn’t a size two, and would rather stay home and listen to music than go to a party. But in the summer before her first year of college, she ends up thousands of miles away from home, in the back of a tour bus, underneath the half-naked body of the hottest teen rock star in the country.

When Lacey and her best friend Trina sneak into a Boston nightclub to see their favorite band, they not only get to watch their rock gods perform for the first time, but score a chance to meet the band too. Lacey’s heart races as she comes face-to-face with her idol, nineteen-year-old lead singer, Logan Shire.

The girls charm their way into being hired to sell merchandise on Lansdowne’s first summer tour. As “merch girls” Lacey and Trina quickly find themselves transported from their ordinary, suburban life to an exhilarating few months on the road. But they soon realize that life on the road isn’t always a smooth ride...


***
Excerpt 4:
I rested my head on his shoulder and he caressed my hair. It felt so nice that I didn’t want to fall back asleep. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was useless. I snuggled up close to him, and breathed in the mix of sweat and cologne on his body. He sang something quietly and I let his voice drift me back to sleep. 
***

Synopsis from me:

Merch Girl is about Lacey and Trina adventure of touring with their favorite band.  Lansdowne is Lacey and Trina favorite band.  To be able to watch Lansdowne perform, they secretly sneak into a nightclub.  To their surprise they also get a chance to meet the band members, Ryan, Logan, and Griffin.  After meeting the members, Lacey and Trina are invited to come along for the tour and work as the band’s merch girl.  Of course the offer is something either Lacey or Trina can refuse.  As they spend time with the band members, romance blossom between Logan and Lacey as well as Trina and Griffin.

***
Rating: 

***

Review/My Thoughts:

Going on a tour with your favorite band is every fan girls dream.  It is mine as well.  If I get an opportunity to go on a tour with my favorite band, I would love to go also.  I mean imagine seeing your favorite band up close that would be awesome. 

I like how Lacey develop as the story progress.  At first I do not like her much because she’s insecure and weak but it’s good to see her changing as the story goes on.  As for her best friend, Trina, at first I like so much because she’s very confident in herself and goes for what she wants but I find it hard to like her towards the end.  She becomes quite selfish and possessive.  Anyway, I recommend this to anyone who would love a fun contemporary YA and music, try this.  You won’t be disappointed.  It’s a fun and enjoyable read for me!

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! :)